SDI offers two sculpture school programs. The school name is Archangels Academy of Sculpture and Art.
1. Kids. The Valero Corporation sponsors our Kids scholarship sculpture program.
2. Adults. The Northside Independent School District [NISD] partners with us for our adult sculpture program.
1. KIDS SCULPTURE
Our Premier "Finding Michelangelo" ™ Program
This program is for art advanced kids only, some of whom are eligible for a Valero scholarship. Its purpose is to find the arts talented child and expose them to both popular and rare types of sculpture. It will begin their training in imagination and conceptualization.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION.
1. Ages 7 to 12.
2. Registration completed and signed.
3. Payment or award of scholarship.
4. A copy of the childs report card showing grades in "art class" for the past two (2) years. Depending on the school, each grade must be an 'A' for better than 90 percentile marks, or 'E' for excellent, or 'O' for outstanding'.
5. The school art teachers letter of recommendation.
6. A drawing, painting, sculpture of the child submitted for jury.
Note. Numbers 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 must be submitted together in a business folder or envelope.
THE CORE PROGRAM
photography of sculpture, drawing of sculpture, clay modeling of sculpture, stone sculpture, cement sculpture, blacksmith forge sculpture
OPTIONAL AUXILIARY PROGRAM
Draw and Photograph at the museum or other sculpture venue
Above our Stone and Cement programs, 2010. Below Blacksmithing sculpture and Drawing of sculpture 2011.
(see youtube for MORE kid camp videos) YouTube
This is absolutely the most advanced course in sculpture for kids. It is designed for kids already showing grades of 'A' or marks of E for excellence in their school art work. It is designed for kids who want to be here. It will build visualization/ conceptualization skills, along side of hand skills and creative confidence. The program emphasizes exposure to several types of sculpture processes and provides an education in hands on 'see do' activity.
Further details at our sister website www.sculptorsdominion.com
[Archive: The Fall 2010 Flyer is below]
2011 Every Sunday Program - All Outdoors
NSID Collaboration Program 2011
Our past "ad and flyer" for the first workshop
As seen in The Magazine of New Mexico, ISC web banner, HillCountry Current, HillCountry Sun, HillCountry Happenings, Explore Magazine;
Flyers place across the hill country in over 100 galleries and town postings for public viewing.
Enroll and Registration Form
San Antonio NorthSide Independent School District
This is the NISD "Adult Community Education" [ACE] Program in collaberation with The Sculptors Dominion. We are an NISD Campus Extension. For available sculpture classes here, CALL THEM 210-397-8100 OR CLICK THEM. Sign up through NISD website